$15.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
Highland Park Animal Hospital is a renowned veterinary practice serving the Dallas community. We are seeking a ROCKSTAR Veterinary Technician to join us at Dallas' most elite practice! After 57 years in this historical community, we now operate in a three-story luxury hospital. We are proud to offer routine care for cats and dogs in the Dallas area along with preventative care, non-routine care, emergency care, surgery, dentistry, internal medicine, in-house lab testing, laser therapy, ultrasonography, radiology, orthopedics, TPLO, fracture repair, FHO, MLP, endoscopy, grooming, and boarding. We invest in all of our employees and encourage personal and professional growth. We are proud to offer Certified Veterinary Assistant training (Level 1, 2, and 3) paid by the company to encourage skill development, interest in the field, and financial growth. Our ideal candidate will have experience in IV catheter placement, blood draws, and anesthesia monitoring, along with knowledge of vaccines and other preventative care. If this is you, please reply to this ad and let us know why you are interested in this position and describe any experience and attributes that you think would make you an excellent part of our team. We look forward to hearing from you!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Rooming clients and patients, taking medical history and temperature, drawing blood, administering vaccines and medications, restraining patients, cleaning wounds, and assisting the veterinarian on routine services
- Consulting with clients on medications, established and new services, and answering questions from clients. Calling clients to discuss basic concerns
- Performing specialized care such as assisting a veterinarian during surgery, monitoring a patient under anesthesia, performing teeth cleanings, taking radiographs, placing catheters, and assisting with ultrasounds and emergency procedures
- Assisting operations such as cleaning kennels, maintaining cleanliness of the hospital, and answering the phone as needed.
- A self-starter and problem solver with an upbeat, can-do attitude
- A team player with a love for animals and people
- A desire to take on new challenges, learn and improve skills
- Good communication and leadership skills with a focus on exceptional customer service.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and tidy appearance.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 1 year (Required)
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Employees and clients have the option of wearing masks, while inside the building. We also offer curbside service.